Friday, June 15, 2012

Happiness is a work ethic

Day 2:

Meditating on "Happiness is a work ethic".  Seeing the world in a different way is an active process for most people.  (Unless you are one of the lucky few who is naturally happy.  In which case, woohoo!)  I'm on a Shawn Achor kick.  Here is another video, see below.


Three good things:
(1) I get to see my folks today and celebrate my dad becoming a deacon.
(2) I got to go outside during the day today, and it is beautiful and shiny as usual in Arizona.
(3) I have great friends.

Exercise:
I walked to the restaurant today instead of driving.  It was a little warm but the 30 minute walk was great and energizing.

Reflection:
I have actually been working quite diligently at work today.  I have also been listening to other Shawn Achor videos on Youtube.  Though I joke that I am watching/listening to happiness self-help videos, I think seeing the different ways to look at happiness and to appreciate the fact that a lot of people struggle with happiness as a normal state feels good. There is some comraderie there.

Random Act of Kindness:
I went to lunch with a mentee of mine and brought her lunch. It was nice to get out of the office and to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty amazing event. Seeing all the cousins was pretty cool.
    This video was cool, but I liked the other one better...cause it made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete