Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brave

Day 11 (Passing the half way mark for the 21 days)

Reflection:
My parents are in town for the weekend, and I know I wrote about this yesterday but I am SO thankful they are here with me.  Their love and support is endless, energizing and encouraging.

Today, I was feeling a little woosy, so what is a better cure than seeing sweet sweet puppies, drinking a big cup of water (with a straw) and watching a movie at the movie theater?  Answer? Playing with puppies, and drinking water and watching a movie ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! (Okay, we did the former rather than the latter, but still!)


So based on the title of this blog (and the picture below) you can guess what we went to see today.  (Yes, I am a child, and yes I love cartoons and mystical promises and magic and happy endings.  I get way too much complication and grey in my life to have it in ALL of my entertainment anyway.)

Though I was not as taken by this movie as movies like UP or Wall-e, it was a visually beautiful movie.  Best of all it was great to sit there with my parents and watch a movie about parents understanding children and children learning to understand their parents' best intentions.  All-in-all, I love the theme of mutual understanding and washing away the divisions brought on by pride or other secondary emotions.

Gratitudes:
1) SOOOOOO thankful for my dad and the wonderful and beautiful wisdoms he brought to me today and every other day of my life for that matter.
2) I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for 35th chances.
3) I am thankful for the loving environment I have been blessed with.  I cannot imagine a world without loving family, friends, and partners in life.


Exercise:
Laps around the mall? (You can imagine I'm one of those old people who wear tracksuits to the mall and just walk laps together... don't worry, this might actually happen when I am older.)

Meditation:
I have been met with so much bravery today.  People to show me the power of forgiveness and hope.  People who against logic and prudence have gone beyond their comfort zone to hope for a better world.  So today, I focused on patience and perspective.  Find out what really matters for me, and what I can do to break out of my comfort zone to ask for and achieve.

Good deed:
Spending time with strangers and providing a shoulder and open heart to receive their stories.

Side note:

I realize that the language I use and the energy I give off greatly affects my internal energy.  Which is why, publicly I have decided to give up swearing.  (Unless it is a positive exclamation.)  I think exclaiming profanities in the negative degrade my mood that much more.  I use to not swear at all, and I don't think I ever got that angry.  So we are going to try this and see how that works.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Dude, you need to stop copying me! :-P I also went to the mall to pet puppies, drank a big cup of water and watched a movie.

    Ok not exactly, but we did get to go to a pet store in the mall, and I got to pet a English Bulldog puppy! IT WAS A W E S O M E! It really was everything I hoped it could be. He was the cutest thing ever. Had that super sleepy tired look and his paws were gigantic. RAWR! I want to hold him again.

    I drank a big cup of soda, not exactly the same thing, but I honestly shouldn't have gotten it cause I was sooo full already.

    And I went to go watch Prometheus and Dark Shadows. I really want to watch Brave. Visually it looks stunning, particularly her hair. It's so radiant.

    ReplyDelete